Our network

Pink is in, according to Little Rock Fashion Week | Community Spirit

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Pink is in, according to Little Rock Fashion Week
Pink is in, according to Little Rock Fashion Week

(October 19, 2011) Little Rock, AR – Little Rock Fashion Week (LRFW) is proud to announce its support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month with its official registration for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, which takes in place Little Rock on Saturday, October 22.


“Breast cancer is a serious disease that affects all of us. This cancer has robbed the life of friends and family members of those affiliated with the Little Rock Fashion Week and I want to lend my support,” says Brandon D. Campbell, the founder and executive director of LRFW. “Breast cancer should be taken personally by everyone. I ask that we do not wait for this dreadful disorder to claim the life of someone close to us to help with finding solutions. I'm challenging as many people as possible to donate to charities that assist in breast cancer research and prevention and for men and women to get mammograms.”


The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is a 3 mile walk and race that promotes positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer. It is an opportunity for thousands of women, men and their families to spread the breast cancer messages. The race will begin Saturday morning in downtown Little Rock. To participate in the Komen Race for Cure one must donate money in order o register. Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at the Race remain here in Arkansas to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or under-insured women. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.


Heading into its fourth year, LRFW is the most successful fashion experience in Arkansas and is the fastest growing fashion week in the United States. Its purpose for participating in the Komen Race for the Cure is to use its influence to bring awareness to breast cancer and encourage more individuals from the state’s growing fashion industry to donate to charities such as Susan G. Komen for breast cancer research.


To learn more about breast cancer and how you can be involved for the Komen Race for the Cure go to www.komenarkansas.org. To learn more about Little Rock Fashion Week 2011 & 2012, visit LittleRockFashionWeek.com.