Hot Springs Mountain Road work to cause delays | News
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - The National Park Service says work on Hot Springs Mountain Road is going to cause some delays this week.
The road will remain open but a pilot car will lead motorists up and down the mountain on Wednesday and Thursday.
The road will partially close both days, and the North Mountain Loop and the downhill side of the mountain road will be closed to traffic.
The Mountain Tower, which offers panoramic views of the city and its surrounding mountains, will remain open.
Construction will begin at 7 a.m. daily and Hot Springs National Park officials say delays of about 10 minutes to get up or down the mountain should be expected.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hot Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Orientation for new Henderson students starts Aug. 19
- Damascus resident wins energy efficiency manufactured home makeover
- Arkadelphia triple-murder suspect pleads guilty
- CADC Arkadelphia Senior Activity Center to host dinner, variety show Aug. 12
- Ouachita Baptist ranks #8 in the nation in Forbes' #MyTopCollege campaign