Made in Arkansas: Baggo | News
HOT SPRINGS, (KTHV) -- THV 11's Made in Arkansas Journey is back with a popular backyard game! For more than two decades, Baggo has been loved by people across several countries.
The plant is located in Hot Springs. Tod Williams, Vice President of Sales, says peak season starts now and runs through football season. They can produce up to 500 games day.
Last year, they sold several hundred thousand including to 75 Division 1 schools. Ohio State and Arkansas top the list with the most sales.
This game craze started in the Midwest in the 1940's played on plywood boards. It was known regionally by many names like Mexican Bean Bag toss and Corn hole.
Realizing it wasn't practical, the Baggo team came up with an alternative in the early 1990's. They feature a suitcase type handle, collapsible legs, and interior bean bag storage. It's easy to carry and lightweight.
The first ever National Baggo Championship will be held at Riverfest on Saturday, May 25. A total of $5,000 in prizes will be awarded! Learn more on Riverfest's website.
Upcoming Events near Hot Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Orientation for new Henderson students starts Aug. 19
- Damascus resident wins energy efficiency manufactured home makeover
- Arkadelphia triple-murder suspect pleads guilty
- CADC Arkadelphia Senior Activity Center to host dinner, variety show Aug. 12
- Ouachita Baptist ranks #8 in the nation in Forbes' #MyTopCollege campaign