HOT SPRINGS, Ark. — Seven students at the Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences and the Arts have been named 2016 National Merit Scholarship Competition Semifinalists.
The National Merit Scholarship Corp. today announced the names of approximately 16,000 Semifinalists in the 61st annual National Merit Scholarship Program. These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,400 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $32 million that will be offered next spring.
ASMSA students named as Semifinalists are:
• Hannah Carr of Haskell, daughter of Brent and Nickie Carr;
• Rex Hearn of Bryant, son of Keaton and Dawn Hearn;
• YeongJoon Hwang of Jonesboro, son of Yeonsang Hwang and Kyoungsuk Ahn;
• Taryn Imamura of Conway, daughter of Dr. Bryan and Cynthia Imamura;
• Samia Ismail of Fort Smith, daughter of Samina Nadvi and Irfan Ismail;